
Hi all,
I read the surge training article in the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette yesterday. It fascinated me. I teach what I call an exercise unit. One of the lessons I feature is interval training. Surge training is similar except it advocates that the exerciser do the quick bursts about 3 times and then stop. The article, featuring a Pittsburgh based chiropractor, also suggests that surge training is best for losing weight and most effective after a resistance training workout (weights primarily). I don't know why it would be better to do the surge training post weight training activities but I am curious to find out more. Anybody else read this article or have any thoughts on the matter? I think I just found some quality reading material for my 12th graders next month.

1 comment:
Fascinating article :)
I've been working out for 20+ years. I've shifted away from long workouts and have focused more on cycling my workouts.
My guess is that doing "Surge trainging" after weight training would also help workout recover - due to increasing heart rate and blood flow.
http://www.real-bowflex-reviews.com
Post a Comment